Iraq clashes kill 41 in northern city of Mosul
Baghdad: Iraqi police in Mosul say 31 militants and 10 police have been killed in clashes, marking a sharp increase in the death toll in the northern city.
Two police officials, who provided the casualty figures, say the fighting began yesterday night and had died down by late today morning.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to release the information.
The fighting comes amid growing unrest in Iraq since fighting broke out in the northern town of Hawija during a security crackdown on a protest encampment on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday