Iraq clashes kill 41 in northern city of Mosul
Baghdad: Iraqi police in Mosul say 31 militants and 10 police have been killed in clashes, marking a sharp increase in the death toll in the northern city.
Two police officials, who provided the casualty figures, say the fighting began yesterday night and had died down by late today morning.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to release the information.
The fighting comes amid growing unrest in Iraq since fighting broke out in the northern town of Hawija during a security crackdown on a protest encampment on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly