Iraq clashes kill 41 in northern city of Mosul
Baghdad: Iraqi police in Mosul say 31 militants and 10 police have been killed in clashes, marking a sharp increase in the death toll in the northern city.
Two police officials, who provided the casualty figures, say the fighting began yesterday night and had died down by late today morning.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to release the information.
The fighting comes amid growing unrest in Iraq since fighting broke out in the northern town of Hawija during a security crackdown on a protest encampment on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-origin British boxer Amir Khan says he will ruin Vijender Singh's career...
- Nearly 3,000 dead already in Mediterranean this year- International Organization for Migration
- Dayashankar slur row: Now, FIR filed against Mayawati, other BSP leaders
- Pakistani model Qandeel Baloch's father wants son to be 'shot'
- Blood samples of Dhaka cafe attackers handed over to FBI