Iraq clashes kill 41 in northern city of Mosul
Baghdad: Iraqi police in Mosul say 31 militants and 10 police have been killed in clashes, marking a sharp increase in the death toll in the northern city.
Two police officials, who provided the casualty figures, say the fighting began yesterday night and had died down by late today morning.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to release the information.
The fighting comes amid growing unrest in Iraq since fighting broke out in the northern town of Hawija during a security crackdown on a protest encampment on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'