Iraq clashes kill 41 in northern city of Mosul
Baghdad: Iraqi police in Mosul say 31 militants and 10 police have been killed in clashes, marking a sharp increase in the death toll in the northern city.
Two police officials, who provided the casualty figures, say the fighting began yesterday night and had died down by late today morning.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to release the information.
The fighting comes amid growing unrest in Iraq since fighting broke out in the northern town of Hawija during a security crackdown on a protest encampment on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation