Iraq closes border crossing point with Syria
Baghdad: Iraq on Wednesday closed a major border checkpoint with Syria in the country`s Anbar province, said an Iraqi Border Police source.
Iraq closed the Al-Qaim border checkpoint early Wednesday with a three-metre concrete wall blocking the entry while “forces of the Syrian opposition still hold control of the other side of the checkpoint," Xinhua quoted the source as saying.
The source did not specify the reason of closing the checkpoint and when it would be re-opened.
Syria has been wrecked by violence since March 2011 when the anti-government protests broke out.
The Iraqi-Syrian border measures about 600 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!