Iraq closes border crossing point with Syria
Baghdad: Iraq on Wednesday closed a major border checkpoint with Syria in the country`s Anbar province, said an Iraqi Border Police source.
Iraq closed the Al-Qaim border checkpoint early Wednesday with a three-metre concrete wall blocking the entry while “forces of the Syrian opposition still hold control of the other side of the checkpoint," Xinhua quoted the source as saying.
The source did not specify the reason of closing the checkpoint and when it would be re-opened.
Syria has been wrecked by violence since March 2011 when the anti-government protests broke out.
The Iraqi-Syrian border measures about 600 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC