Iraq court orders parliament to convene, choose speaker
Baghdad: Iraq`s Supreme Court on Sunday ordered
parliament to convene and choose a speaker, nearly eight
months after inconclusive elections left the country without a
Court spokesman Abdul Sattar Bayrakdar told a news agency the
parliament was ordered to end a delay in choosing a speaker,
the first step to forming a coalition in Iraq, which has been
without a government since the March 7 elections.
"In a decision taken today, the supreme court ordered
parliament to to return to its regular meetings and do its
regular work," Bayrakdar said.
"It must start by choosing the speaker and two deputies,
and then proceed step-by-step for the other nominations," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video