Iraq court orders parliament to convene, choose speaker
Baghdad: Iraq`s Supreme Court on Sunday ordered
parliament to convene and choose a speaker, nearly eight
months after inconclusive elections left the country without a
Court spokesman Abdul Sattar Bayrakdar told a news agency the
parliament was ordered to end a delay in choosing a speaker,
the first step to forming a coalition in Iraq, which has been
without a government since the March 7 elections.
"In a decision taken today, the supreme court ordered
parliament to to return to its regular meetings and do its
regular work," Bayrakdar said.
"It must start by choosing the speaker and two deputies,
and then proceed step-by-step for the other nominations," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Government to unveil solar zones policy in June
- RBI to lower rates by another 0.50% in FY17: Morgan Stanley
- Telcos take cover under new technology to mask call drops
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics