Iraq executes 12 `Qaeda men` over wedding massacre
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say 12 convicted
al Qaeda members have been executed for their role in the 2006
massacre of 70 people at a wedding party in the central Iraqi
town of Dujail.
Iraqi Deputy Justice Minister Busho Ibrahim said that the
executions took place today.
An Iraqi court had sentenced 15 people to death in June
over the killings in the predominantly Shiite town, in the
latest in a series of trials of alleged perpetrators of
atrocities during the height of Iraq`s Sunni insurgency.
Ibrahim says that three of the convicted were spared from
execution because they are still being tried in other cases.
Dujail is located 80 kilometers north of Baghdad and is
surrounded by Sunni areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list