Iraq executes 12 `Qaeda men` over wedding massacre
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say 12 convicted
al Qaeda members have been executed for their role in the 2006
massacre of 70 people at a wedding party in the central Iraqi
town of Dujail.
Iraqi Deputy Justice Minister Busho Ibrahim said that the
executions took place today.
An Iraqi court had sentenced 15 people to death in June
over the killings in the predominantly Shiite town, in the
latest in a series of trials of alleged perpetrators of
atrocities during the height of Iraq`s Sunni insurgency.
Ibrahim says that three of the convicted were spared from
execution because they are still being tried in other cases.
Dujail is located 80 kilometers north of Baghdad and is
surrounded by Sunni areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police