Iraq insurgents intercepted drone spy videos: US
Washington: Insurgents in Iraq have hacked
into live video feeds from Predator drones, the US military`s
eyes in the sky for surveillance and intelligence collection.
A senior defence official says militants could see the
video, but there is no evidence they were able to jam the
electronic signals from the unmanned aerial crafts or take
control of them. The official spoke on condition of anonymity
to discuss intelligence issues.
The Wall Street Journal first reported today that Shiite
fighters in Iraq used off-the-shelf software programmes such
as SkyGrabber - available for as little as USD 25.95 on the
Internet - to regularly capture drone video feeds. The hacking
was possible because some of the planes have an unprotected
Officials say the Defence Department is working to
encrypt the drone feeds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation