Iraq insurgents intercepted drone spy videos: US
Washington: Insurgents in Iraq have hacked
into live video feeds from Predator drones, the US military`s
eyes in the sky for surveillance and intelligence collection.
A senior defence official says militants could see the
video, but there is no evidence they were able to jam the
electronic signals from the unmanned aerial crafts or take
control of them. The official spoke on condition of anonymity
to discuss intelligence issues.
The Wall Street Journal first reported today that Shiite
fighters in Iraq used off-the-shelf software programmes such
as SkyGrabber - available for as little as USD 25.95 on the
Internet - to regularly capture drone video feeds. The hacking
was possible because some of the planes have an unprotected
Officials say the Defence Department is working to
encrypt the drone feeds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days