Iraq jewellry store heists spark gunfights, 7 dead
Baghdad: Iraqi police say two policemen and five others were killed in gunfights between security forces and armed groups attempting to rob Baghdad jewelry stores.
Police say two carloads of armed attackers attempted apparently coordinated robberies today in western Baghdad`s mostly Sunni Mansour neighbourhood. Gunfights broke out as security forces responded, killing the owners of all three jewelry stores, two gunmen and two policemen.
Two police officials gave the toll in the attacks, which was confirmed by a worker at Yarmouk hospital. All spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona