Iraq joins talks on Iran bail for jailed Americans
Muscat: Arab countries Oman and Iraq are involved in negotiations for the release of two Americans jailed in Iran for spying.
A private plane from the Gulf state of Oman has been dispatched to Tehran and an Iraqi official says a delegation of lawmakers is in the Iranian capital amid intensified efforts to seal a USD 1 million bail-for-freedom deal for Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal.
They were detained along the Iran-Iraq border in July 2009 with their friend Sarah Shourd. She was released last September with mediation by Oman.
Their defence lawyer says talks are under way, but there is no timetable on a possible release.
The Iraqi official spoke on condition of anonymity due to sensitivity of the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof