Iraq: Min official’s home bombed; parents dead
Baghdad: An explosion occurred at the house of an Interior Ministry official on Friday, killing his parents.
The official, who is a Shi’ite, was not home at the time of the attack, which was badly damaged.
According to police, bomb targeted the home of a Shi’ite Interior Ministry lieutenant colonel in the western Baghdad`s Sunni-dominated Ghazaliyah district as the family was sleeping.
Officials at Yarmouk hospital confirmed the deaths. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to release the information.
Government employees and security forces are frequently targeted by insurgents in Iraq.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP