Iraq: Min official’s home bombed; parents dead
Baghdad: An explosion occurred at the house of an Interior Ministry official on Friday, killing his parents.
The official, who is a Shi’ite, was not home at the time of the attack, which was badly damaged.
According to police, bomb targeted the home of a Shi’ite Interior Ministry lieutenant colonel in the western Baghdad`s Sunni-dominated Ghazaliyah district as the family was sleeping.
Officials at Yarmouk hospital confirmed the deaths. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to release the information.
Government employees and security forces are frequently targeted by insurgents in Iraq.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional