Iraq: Min official’s home bombed; parents dead
Baghdad: An explosion occurred at the house of an Interior Ministry official on Friday, killing his parents.
The official, who is a Shi’ite, was not home at the time of the attack, which was badly damaged.
According to police, bomb targeted the home of a Shi’ite Interior Ministry lieutenant colonel in the western Baghdad`s Sunni-dominated Ghazaliyah district as the family was sleeping.
Officials at Yarmouk hospital confirmed the deaths. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to release the information.
Government employees and security forces are frequently targeted by insurgents in Iraq.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'