Iraq: Min official’s home bombed; parents dead
Baghdad: An explosion occurred at the house of an Interior Ministry official on Friday, killing his parents.
The official, who is a Shi’ite, was not home at the time of the attack, which was badly damaged.
According to police, bomb targeted the home of a Shi’ite Interior Ministry lieutenant colonel in the western Baghdad`s Sunni-dominated Ghazaliyah district as the family was sleeping.
Officials at Yarmouk hospital confirmed the deaths. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to release the information.
Government employees and security forces are frequently targeted by insurgents in Iraq.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!