Iraq: Min official’s home bombed; parents dead
Baghdad: An explosion occurred at the house of an Interior Ministry official on Friday, killing his parents.
The official, who is a Shi’ite, was not home at the time of the attack, which was badly damaged.
According to police, bomb targeted the home of a Shi’ite Interior Ministry lieutenant colonel in the western Baghdad`s Sunni-dominated Ghazaliyah district as the family was sleeping.
Officials at Yarmouk hospital confirmed the deaths. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to release the information.
Government employees and security forces are frequently targeted by insurgents in Iraq.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda