Iraq officials: Attacks kill 8, including 4 troops
Baghdad: Officials say a suicide bomber has killed four Iraqi troops west of Baghdad while attacks elsewhere in the country killed four people.
Police officials say the bomber rammed his explosive-laden car into a military post near the city of Fallujah, west of Baghdad, killing the four soldiers and wounding 21.
In an attack north of Baghdad, gunmen shot dead a grocery store owner and his relative. A bomb exploded near a line of shops in the Latifiyah area south of the Iraqi capital, killing two people.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
Violence has escalated in Iraq over the past year, particularly since late last month after authorities dismantled a Sunni anti-government protest camp and arrested a Sunni lawmaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users