Iraq officials: Bomb near military base kills 27
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb that exploded near a military base north of Baghdad has killed 27 people and wounded more than 40.
Police say the blast struck around midday today as Iraqi troops were leaving the base in Taji, 20 kilometres, north of the capital. They say 19 soldiers are among the dead.
Hospital officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
Insurgents in Iraq frequently target members of the country`s security forces in an effort to undermine confidence in the Shiite-led government.
The attack was the deadliest in Iraq in several days, and the second bombing apparently targeting soldiers near Taji in less than 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn
- Sebastian Vettel confident of Ferrari future despite James Allison exit
- Paes story: Seven-up Leander has Olympic Games in blood