Iraq officials say explosions kill four in Baghdad
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say two separate explosions in Baghdad have killed four people and wounded 14.
Two police officers say a bomb attached to a policeman`s car exploded early today in the capital`s northern Kazimiyah neighborhood, killing an officer and a bystander and wounding five others.
Two other police officers said a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into an army checkpoint in Baghdad`s western suburb of Abu Ghraib few hours later, killing two soldiers and wounding nine people, of which four were civilians.
Two health officials confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke anonymously, as they were not authorized to release information.
Police and military personnel are favorite targets of militants seeking to undermine the Iraqi government`s efforts to maintain security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH