Iraq officials say explosions kill four in Baghdad
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say two separate explosions in Baghdad have killed four people and wounded 14.
Two police officers say a bomb attached to a policeman`s car exploded early today in the capital`s northern Kazimiyah neighborhood, killing an officer and a bystander and wounding five others.
Two other police officers said a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into an army checkpoint in Baghdad`s western suburb of Abu Ghraib few hours later, killing two soldiers and wounding nine people, of which four were civilians.
Two health officials confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke anonymously, as they were not authorized to release information.
Police and military personnel are favorite targets of militants seeking to undermine the Iraqi government`s efforts to maintain security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price