Iraq officials say fighting with al Qaeda kills 34
Baghdad: Officials in Iraq`s western Anbar province say fighting between the Army and al Qaeda militants has killed 34 people.
They say today`s violence around provincial capital Ramadi left at least 22 soldiers and 12 civilians dead, as well as an unknown number of militants.
Speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief reporters, they also said that 58 people had been wounded in the combat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry