Iraq officials say fighting with al Qaeda kills 34
Baghdad: Officials in Iraq`s western Anbar province say fighting between the Army and al Qaeda militants has killed 34 people.
They say today`s violence around provincial capital Ramadi left at least 22 soldiers and 12 civilians dead, as well as an unknown number of militants.
Speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief reporters, they also said that 58 people had been wounded in the combat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal