Iraq says dismantling of Sunni protest camp complete
Baghdad: Iraqi police have finished removing the main Sunni anti-government protest camp from a highway west of Baghdad, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki`s spokesman said on Monday.
Ali Mussawi said that military sources confirmed local police and tribes "completed the removal of the tents that were (at) the site, and opened the road that was closed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year