Iraq war veteran charged with murder of ex-Navy SEAL
Houston: A 25-year-old man accused of murdering "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man in the US state of Texas, was an Iraq war veteran, authorities confirmed Sunday.
The US military said the suspect Eddie Ray Routh was a corporal in the Marines from 2006 to 2010, and he is currently listed as reserve, reported Xinhua citing the Houston Chronicle.
Routh is charged with two counts of capital murder, for allegedly killing 38-year-old Kyle and 35-year-old Chad Littlefield at Rough Creek Lodge, an upscale hunting lodge in northern Texas, on Saturday afternoon.
Kyle was considered one of America`s deadliest snipers. The retired Navy SEAL served four tours of duty in Iraq and wrote the best-selling autobiography "American Sniper" in January 2012. Littlefield was his friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh