Iraq war veteran charged with murder of ex-Navy SEAL
Houston: A 25-year-old man accused of murdering "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man in the US state of Texas, was an Iraq war veteran, authorities confirmed Sunday.
The US military said the suspect Eddie Ray Routh was a corporal in the Marines from 2006 to 2010, and he is currently listed as reserve, reported Xinhua citing the Houston Chronicle.
Routh is charged with two counts of capital murder, for allegedly killing 38-year-old Kyle and 35-year-old Chad Littlefield at Rough Creek Lodge, an upscale hunting lodge in northern Texas, on Saturday afternoon.
Kyle was considered one of America`s deadliest snipers. The retired Navy SEAL served four tours of duty in Iraq and wrote the best-selling autobiography "American Sniper" in January 2012. Littlefield was his friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday