Iraq war veteran charged with murder of ex-Navy SEAL
Houston: A 25-year-old man accused of murdering "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man in the US state of Texas, was an Iraq war veteran, authorities confirmed Sunday.
The US military said the suspect Eddie Ray Routh was a corporal in the Marines from 2006 to 2010, and he is currently listed as reserve, reported Xinhua citing the Houston Chronicle.
Routh is charged with two counts of capital murder, for allegedly killing 38-year-old Kyle and 35-year-old Chad Littlefield at Rough Creek Lodge, an upscale hunting lodge in northern Texas, on Saturday afternoon.
Kyle was considered one of America`s deadliest snipers. The retired Navy SEAL served four tours of duty in Iraq and wrote the best-selling autobiography "American Sniper" in January 2012. Littlefield was his friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter