Iraqi deputy PM survives assassination bid
Baghdad: Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Mutlak on Sunday survived an attempt on his life, Xinhua reported.
Al-Mutlak was participating in a protest in Anbar province, about 100 km from Baghdad, when the attack took place. Several of his bodyguards were wounded.
Protests against Shia Prime Minister Nouri Maliki have intensified since the arrests of bodyguards of Sunni Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi last week.
Maliki`s opponents accuse him of seeking to marginalise Sunni leaders.
The Prime Minister insisted that he did not order last Thursday`s arrests and suggested that they were the result of a judicial probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends