Iraqi deputy PM survives assassination bid
Baghdad: Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Mutlak on Sunday survived an attempt on his life, Xinhua reported.
Al-Mutlak was participating in a protest in Anbar province, about 100 km from Baghdad, when the attack took place. Several of his bodyguards were wounded.
Protests against Shia Prime Minister Nouri Maliki have intensified since the arrests of bodyguards of Sunni Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi last week.
Maliki`s opponents accuse him of seeking to marginalise Sunni leaders.
The Prime Minister insisted that he did not order last Thursday`s arrests and suggested that they were the result of a judicial probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video