Iraqi Governor escapes assassination
Baghdad: Police say the governor of Iraq`s
largest Sunni province has escaped an assassination attempt on
a highway in a former insurgent stronghold west of Baghdad.
Iraqi police say the governor of Anbar province, Qasim
al-Fahadawi, escaped unhurt this morning after a roadside bomb
hit his motorcade as it headed to Baghdad.
A provincial media official says three bodyguards were
wounded in the attack.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they
are not authorised to brief the media.
Al-Fahadawi has been a frequent target for insurgents. He
lost a leg in a 2009 bombing at his office in the city of
The attack comes as Anbar officials consider joining other
provinces to create a semi-autonomous Sunni region in Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder