Iraqi PM in Beijing to meet with Chinese leaders
Beijing: Iraq`s Prime Minister is in Beijing on his first official visit to China.
Nouri al-Maliki will meet with Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao on Monday and President Hu Jintao on Tuesday.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei says China and Iraq have a traditional friendship, and that they aim to develop economic cooperation and cultural exchanges.
The official Xinhua News Agency quoted Hong as saying that China is ready to work with the international community and to continue to provide assistance for the Iraqi people.
Iraq is still plagued by widespread violence. Washington and Baghdad are considering keeping as many as 10,000 US forces in the country beyond a year-end departure deadline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city