Iraqi PM in Beijing to meet with Chinese leaders
Beijing: Iraq`s Prime Minister is in Beijing on his first official visit to China.
Nouri al-Maliki will meet with Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao on Monday and President Hu Jintao on Tuesday.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei says China and Iraq have a traditional friendship, and that they aim to develop economic cooperation and cultural exchanges.
The official Xinhua News Agency quoted Hong as saying that China is ready to work with the international community and to continue to provide assistance for the Iraqi people.
Iraq is still plagued by widespread violence. Washington and Baghdad are considering keeping as many as 10,000 US forces in the country beyond a year-end departure deadline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids