Iraqi president communicating after stroke, says doctor
Baghdad: A doctor who oversees Iraqi President Jalal Talabani`s medical care says the president is able to speak and understand people around him as he recovers from a stroke he suffered over two months ago.
In an interview today Dr. Najmaldin Karim described the improvement in the president`s health as encouraging and "a good development." Karim oversees Talabani`s medical care when he is in Iraq, although the president is currently in Germany for treatment.
Karim says he is hopeful Talabani will be able to return to Iraq, but acknowledged that any decision rests with the doctors treating him in Germany.
Talabani was rushed to a hospital on December 17 for what officials described as a serious stroke. He was later moved to Germany. Few details have been released about his condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player