Iraqi president in hospital due to health problem
Baghdad: Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has been admitted to hospital in Baghdad due to health emergency, his office said on Tuesday.
"Because of fatigue and tiredness, Talabani has suffered health emergency and was transferred to a hospital in Baghdad on Monday night," Talabani`s office said in a statement posted on his website.
On Monday, Talabani held a meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to discuss means to ease latest tension between Baghdad and the autonomous region of Kurdistan.
Talabani and Maliki agreed that the two sides must resort to dialogue to resolve their problems, and at the end of the meeting Maliki called on the regional government of Kurdistan to send its delegation to Baghdad to continue the negotiation process.
Talabani, 79, has been suffering various health problems in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble