Iraqi president in hospital due to health problem
Baghdad: Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has been admitted to hospital in Baghdad due to health emergency, his office said on Tuesday.
"Because of fatigue and tiredness, Talabani has suffered health emergency and was transferred to a hospital in Baghdad on Monday night," Talabani`s office said in a statement posted on his website.
On Monday, Talabani held a meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to discuss means to ease latest tension between Baghdad and the autonomous region of Kurdistan.
Talabani and Maliki agreed that the two sides must resort to dialogue to resolve their problems, and at the end of the meeting Maliki called on the regional government of Kurdistan to send its delegation to Baghdad to continue the negotiation process.
Talabani, 79, has been suffering various health problems in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing