Iraqi president in hospital due to health problem
Baghdad: Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has been admitted to hospital in Baghdad due to health emergency, his office said on Tuesday.
"Because of fatigue and tiredness, Talabani has suffered health emergency and was transferred to a hospital in Baghdad on Monday night," Talabani`s office said in a statement posted on his website.
On Monday, Talabani held a meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to discuss means to ease latest tension between Baghdad and the autonomous region of Kurdistan.
Talabani and Maliki agreed that the two sides must resort to dialogue to resolve their problems, and at the end of the meeting Maliki called on the regional government of Kurdistan to send its delegation to Baghdad to continue the negotiation process.
Talabani, 79, has been suffering various health problems in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees