Iraqi President’s condition improving after stroke
Baghdad: Iraqi President Jalal Talabani`s health condition is improving continuously after being admitted to a Baghdad hospital two days ago due to brain stroke, an official Kurdish website reported Wednesday.
"Talabani is in a good condition and his health is improving continuously," the official website of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), a major Kurdish party headed by Talabani, quoted the leader of Talabani`s medical team Najm al-Din Karim as saying.
Karim, an Iraqi professor of neurology, also announced that a specialized German medial team arrived in Baghdad Wednesday and is supervising Talabani`s condition, according to the website.
A medical source told Xinhua Tuesday that Talabani was admitted to Madinat al-Tib hospital in Baghdad Monday night and was unconscious and in critical condition due to stroke.
An earlier statement by his office confirmed that Talabani has been admitted to a hospital in Baghdad "because of fatigue and tiredness."
Talabani, 79, has been suffering various health problems in recent years.
An earlier report by Xinhua has claimed that Talabani on died Tuesday after being admitted to a Baghdad hospital following a brain stroke. He was 79.
The Iraqi presidency office later denied reports about President Talabani`s death at a hospital.
“The Iraqi Presidency office denied reports about the death of President Jalal Talabani,” the state-run Iraqia channel said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India