Iraqi President’s condition improving after stroke
Baghdad: Iraqi President Jalal Talabani`s health condition is improving continuously after being admitted to a Baghdad hospital two days ago due to brain stroke, an official Kurdish website reported Wednesday.
"Talabani is in a good condition and his health is improving continuously," the official website of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), a major Kurdish party headed by Talabani, quoted the leader of Talabani`s medical team Najm al-Din Karim as saying.
Karim, an Iraqi professor of neurology, also announced that a specialized German medial team arrived in Baghdad Wednesday and is supervising Talabani`s condition, according to the website.
A medical source told Xinhua Tuesday that Talabani was admitted to Madinat al-Tib hospital in Baghdad Monday night and was unconscious and in critical condition due to stroke.
An earlier statement by his office confirmed that Talabani has been admitted to a hospital in Baghdad "because of fatigue and tiredness."
Talabani, 79, has been suffering various health problems in recent years.
An earlier report by Xinhua has claimed that Talabani on died Tuesday after being admitted to a Baghdad hospital following a brain stroke. He was 79.
The Iraqi presidency office later denied reports about President Talabani`s death at a hospital.
“The Iraqi Presidency office denied reports about the death of President Jalal Talabani,” the state-run Iraqia channel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday