Iraqi security forces recapture 349 escaped inmates
Baghdad: As many as 349 inmates, escaped last week from Baghdad`s major prison during assault by Islamic militants, were recaptured, said chief security officer of Baghdad.
These prisoners had fled from Abu Ghraib prison last week.
"The security forces have re-captured 349 inmates who escaped from Abu Ghraib prison last week, while search operations are underway," reported Xinhua citing Lieutenant General Abdul- Ameer al-Shimmary, Commander of Baghdad Operations Command.
He, however, did not reveal about how many prisoners have exactly escaped from the prison in total.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi