Iraqi security forces recapture 349 escaped inmates
Baghdad: As many as 349 inmates, escaped last week from Baghdad`s major prison during assault by Islamic militants, were recaptured, said chief security officer of Baghdad.
These prisoners had fled from Abu Ghraib prison last week.
"The security forces have re-captured 349 inmates who escaped from Abu Ghraib prison last week, while search operations are underway," reported Xinhua citing Lieutenant General Abdul- Ameer al-Shimmary, Commander of Baghdad Operations Command.
He, however, did not reveal about how many prisoners have exactly escaped from the prison in total.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls