Iraq`s Kurds protest kidnap-slaying of journalist
Sulaimaniyah (Iraq): Hundreds of students have
demonstrated in Iraq`s northern Kurdish region over the kidnap
and murder of a Kurdish journalist, blaming the local
government for his death.
Opposition politicians joined the students at
Sulaimaniyah University to express their anger over the
slaying of Sardasht Othman, who was found dead Thursday in
The Kurdish Regional Government issued a statement today
condemning his death and promising to bring his killers to
Othman was known for criticizing the government in his
International press freedom watchdogs have expressed
concern that freedom of expression is being restricted in the
self-rule Kurdish region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened