Iraq`s Sunni-backed ministers to return to Cabinet
Baghdad: An official from Iraq`s Sunni-backed bloc says its ministers have ended their boycott of the Cabinet, a move that could restore some stability to the war-ravaged nation.
Iraqiya spokeswoman Maysoun al-Damlouji says the overwhelmingly Sunni bloc`s ministers will attend Tuesday`s session of the Shi’ite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki`s Cabinet.
The decision comes after weeks of boycott over the government`s arrest warrant against the country`s top Sunni official.
Al-Damlouji says the decision is Iraqiya`s "second good will gesture" in efforts to ease sectarian tensions. Iraqiya lawmakers returned to Parliament last week.
The political crisis erupted after US troops left in December. Combined with a surge of bombing attacks, it has raised concerns of a reignited sectarian war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!