Irish PM announces cabinet reshuffle
Dublin: Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny Friday announced new cabinet reshuffle, promoting five TDs (members of parliament) to the cabinet.
The appointments were formalised by Irish President Michael D Higgins later in the afternoon. Kenny appointed Paschal Donohoe, Alan Kelly, Jan O`Sullivan, Alex White and Heather Humphreys as cabinet ministers, Xinhua reported.
In a statement, Kenny said he has accepted the resignations of Rabbitte, Quinn, Hogan and Deenihan as members of the government.
Kenny also said he approved the resignation of Eamon Gilmore as minister of foreign affairs.
The Labour Party formed a coalition government with Fine Gael after the 2011 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred