Is N Korea on brink of third nuke test: Report
London: A British daily has reported that North Korea is capable of conducting its third nuclear test after repairing flood-related damage at a nuclear test facility.
The paper based its assessment on an analysis of recent satellite photos of the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Facility. The revelation by the Daily Mail follows the secretive state`s December 12 rocket launch that proved it has the technology to fire a warhead more than 6,200 miles.
Washington and its allies fear a third atomic test would take North Korea one step closer to perfecting the technology required to make a nuclear warhead small enough to attach to one of its missiles and fire at mainland America.
This satellite image taken on December 2 shows the traffic flow pattern at the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Facility in North Korea. A report on the GeoEye and Digital Globe satellite photos from Dec 13 and earlier, provided by 38 North, the website for the US-Korea Institute at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, said scientists are ``determined to maintain a state of readiness" at the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Facility after repairing flood damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs