Is N Korea on brink of third nuke test: Report
London: A British daily has reported that North Korea is capable of conducting its third nuclear test after repairing flood-related damage at a nuclear test facility.
The paper based its assessment on an analysis of recent satellite photos of the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Facility. The revelation by the Daily Mail follows the secretive state`s December 12 rocket launch that proved it has the technology to fire a warhead more than 6,200 miles.
Washington and its allies fear a third atomic test would take North Korea one step closer to perfecting the technology required to make a nuclear warhead small enough to attach to one of its missiles and fire at mainland America.
This satellite image taken on December 2 shows the traffic flow pattern at the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Facility in North Korea. A report on the GeoEye and Digital Globe satellite photos from Dec 13 and earlier, provided by 38 North, the website for the US-Korea Institute at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, said scientists are ``determined to maintain a state of readiness" at the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Facility after repairing flood damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH