Is North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s wife pregnant?
London: Television footage of the wife of North Korean leader Kim Jung-un suggests that the country could soon be making a happy announcement.
Pictures aired by North Korean state media showed Kim and his wife Ri Sul-joo, apparently
heavily pregnant, paying their respects at a memorial service for Kim Jong-il, his father and predecessor.
The announcement of the birth of an heir in the world’s only communist dynasty would lift the nation’s spirits on the one-year anniversary of the death of Kim, who is still revered in North Korea as the Dear Leader, the Telegraph reports.
According to the report, Ri was pictured wearing traditional mourning clothing, but appeared to be pregnant.
State media has yet to release an official statement on the condition of the nation’s First Lady.
There was speculation in October that Ri might be pregnant after she failed to appear in public for 50 days.
According to the report, formerly the lead singer with the Ponchonbo Electronic Ensemble, Ri was only officially unveiled as Kim``s wife in July, although she had previously been pictured accompanying the ‘Young General’ on his visits to state-run farms, military units and at official ceremonies, the report said.
Later in the month, a South Korean government source was quoted in the Chosun Ilbo newspaper as saying that Ri’s face looked puffy and her stomach was ‘visibly bulging’.
"She is wearing a long coat but cannot hide her protruding abdomen," the unnamed source told the paper, adding that ‘Ri appears to be about three months pregnant’.
If the speculation is correct and the child is a boy, he is likely to be groomed to take over the dynastic regime that was founded by Kim``s grandfather, Kim Il-sung, at the end of the Second World War, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections