Is North Korea’s First Lady pregnant?
Washington: Rumours and speculations are swirling across North Korea and neighbouring countries that the First Lady of the world`s most reclusive nation is pregnant.
Ri Sol Ju, the wife of young leader Kim Jong Un, had not been seen in public for around two months, till a recent photo emerged showing her attending a function.
A photo released by the state-run news agency KCNA shows her back in public and wearing a long coat that could be hiding a bump, CNN reports.
The South Korean media has raised speculation on whether Sol Ju is pregnant or whether she was kept out of the public eye as a disciplinary measure for a perceived slight.
Local media has claimed she may have fallen out of favour for not wearing a lapel pin of the former leaders, a requirement for adult North Koreans.
Ri was recently pictured watching a football match and attending a musical concert with her husband on Monday to mark the 60th anniversary of the Kim Il Sung Military University.
“Rumours first came out from officials who attended the same event,” said Kim Yong-hoon, head of the North Korean desk at Daily NK, an online newspaper based in Seoul that focuses on North Korea.
“They started questioning and speculating if she was pregnant and it has spread throughout the country and that’s how we heard about the rumours,” Kim added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray