‘Is US targeting Latin Am leaders with cancer?’
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez
has questioned whether the United States could be giving
cancer to Latin American leaders, after Argentina`s Cristina
Kirchner was diagnosed with the disease.
"Would it be that strange if they had developed
technology to induce cancer without anyone knowing about it?"
Chavez asked, without offering any evidence that such
He made the allegation against his arch-foe in a speech
in which he also expressed his "solidarity" with Kirchner,
whose spokesman said Tuesday she had been diagnosed with
thyroid cancer and would undergo surgery next week.
"It`s very difficult to explain at this point," Chavez
said at a ceremony for national armed forces broadcast by
Even "with the law of probabilities, what has been
happening to some of us in Latin America... it`s strange, very
strange," he said.
Kirchner said earlier Wednesday that Chavez, who has
himself waged a successful battle against cancer, was the
first regional leader to call her to offer support.
Brazil`s President Dilma Rousseff, her predecessor Luiz
Inacio Lula da Silva and Paraguay`s Fernando Lugo have all
been diagnosed with cancer in recent years.
Rousseff and Lugo say they are cancer-free. Lula is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read