ISI officers caught cheating in Pakistan exam
Islamabad: At least 500 candidates, including 50 Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Intelligence Bureau (IB) officials, were caught cheating in an examination held for Pakistan`s National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA), a media report said.
The candidates were caught browsing the internet on mobile phones to solve the papers, the News International reported Wednesday.
The openings were announced to fill 130 vacant positions, including 34 for officer-level posts, in the NACTA, the newspaper said.
There were around 10 invigilators for 5,000 candidates. Soon after the exam started, hundreds of candidates were found openly browsing the internet on their smart phones to answer the multiple choice questions and reading up on counter-terrorism.
The invigilators were also accused of favouring some candidates, the report said.
NACTA coordinator Hyder Ali admitted mismanagement during the exams. He also said mobile phones were used for browsing and question papers were delivered with delay to several candidates, the report said.
Ali said the intelligence agency officials turned out to be the trouble-makers as they started arguing with the invigilators when efforts were made to take away the mobile phones from the candidates.
“We later cancelled the papers of those found cheating,” News International quoted Ali as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi