Islamic countries must retaliate against Israel: Ahmad Vahidi
Tehran: Iran`s defence minister Ahmad Vahidi has said that Islamic countries must close ranks and respond to Israel`s deadly attacks on the Gaza Strip.
"Putting an end to the Zionist (Israeli) regime`s crimes is only possible through a united, revolutionary retaliation by the Muslim world," News 24 quoted Vahidi, as saying.
Israel is "massacring the oppressed Palestinian people, including women and children" and its strikes amount to a "clear example of war crimes", he said.
Israel launched a major air offensive on Gaza on Wednesday with a strike that killed the top military commander of the Islamist movement Hamas that rules the territory.
Foreign minister Ali Akbar Salehi, whose country is a key backer of Hamas, has urged the United Nations and European Union to pressure Israel to halt its offensive, saying the security of the Middle East was at stake.
Salehi said Iran was ready to send "medical and medicinal aids" to Gaza. The foreign ministry is "talking with Egyptian officials to facilitate the visit through Rafah," a terminal at Gaza`s southwestern border with Egypt, according to MP Mansour Haqiqatpour.
Previous attempts by Iran`s parliament to dispatch a team into Gaza failed during the rule of former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak. According to Palestinian medics, 38 Gazans have been killed since Israel launched the aerial campaign, while Israel`s army has said that Palestinian militants have fired more than 580 rockets over the border. Three Israelis have been killed and 13 injured by the rocket fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA