Islamic Extremists kill 13 in northeast Nigeria
Maiduguri: Witnesses say Islamic extremists who hid their weapons inside a coffin shot and killed 13 people in a northeast Nigeria city.
The attack happened on Friday in Maiduguri, the spiritual home of the extremist network Boko Haram. Witnesses told an Associated Press reporter that the attack appeared to be in retaliation for a local vigilante group pointing out Boko Haram members to the military there.
They say eight Boko Haram fighters were killed in the attack.
A security official says soldiers and police killed another eight suspected Boko Haram members in a gunfight on Thursday in the city.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to journalists. An AP reporter saw the corpses on Saturday left in a ditch in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan