Islamic games cancelled over Persian Gulf name
Riyadh: The Islamic Solidarity Games have been cancelled after a dispute between Arab countries and Iran over the name of the waterway dividing them.
The Saudi-based Islamic Solidarity Games Federation says
they cancelled the sporting event, which were meant to be held
in Tehran in the spring, after Iran put "Persian Gulf" on the
The five-year-old games were created to strengthen ties
among the 57-nations of the Organisation of the Islamic
Arab nations call the waterway the Arabian Gulf.
The games were originally scheduled for October 2009 but
postponed in attempt to reach a compromise.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district