‘Islamic gangs took over British underworld following 9/11 fear’
London: Muslim gang members in Britain have claimed that a post-9/11 fear of terrorism has allowed them to develop a stranglehold in the criminal community.
A 21-year-old Asian ex-gang member, Amir, claims that Britain’s underworld will soon be completely dominated by Islamic gangs, saying that the West`s paranoia over terrorism was to blame.
“People don`t f*** with us because they think we`re all in al Qaeda. Our status in the criminal hierarchy changed literally the day the Twin Towers went down,” The Sun quoted Amir, as saying.
“From then, Asians have been associated with terrorism. People, including other criminals, think if you`re Asian you`ll blow up a Tube train or bomb an aeroplane,” he added.
He further stressed that in the past 20 years, Asian gangs have capitalised on the fear.
“If we`re going to be thought of as extremists, why not use that fear? The reality is that Asian gangs don`t give much of toss about religion, but with Islam comes fear, and with fear comes power,” Amir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!