‘Islamic gangs took over British underworld following 9/11 fear’
London: Muslim gang members in Britain have claimed that a post-9/11 fear of terrorism has allowed them to develop a stranglehold in the criminal community.
A 21-year-old Asian ex-gang member, Amir, claims that Britain’s underworld will soon be completely dominated by Islamic gangs, saying that the West`s paranoia over terrorism was to blame.
“People don`t f*** with us because they think we`re all in al Qaeda. Our status in the criminal hierarchy changed literally the day the Twin Towers went down,” The Sun quoted Amir, as saying.
“From then, Asians have been associated with terrorism. People, including other criminals, think if you`re Asian you`ll blow up a Tube train or bomb an aeroplane,” he added.
He further stressed that in the past 20 years, Asian gangs have capitalised on the fear.
“If we`re going to be thought of as extremists, why not use that fear? The reality is that Asian gangs don`t give much of toss about religion, but with Islam comes fear, and with fear comes power,” Amir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest