‘Islamic gangs took over British underworld following 9/11 fear’
London: Muslim gang members in Britain have claimed that a post-9/11 fear of terrorism has allowed them to develop a stranglehold in the criminal community.
A 21-year-old Asian ex-gang member, Amir, claims that Britain’s underworld will soon be completely dominated by Islamic gangs, saying that the West`s paranoia over terrorism was to blame.
“People don`t f*** with us because they think we`re all in al Qaeda. Our status in the criminal hierarchy changed literally the day the Twin Towers went down,” The Sun quoted Amir, as saying.
“From then, Asians have been associated with terrorism. People, including other criminals, think if you`re Asian you`ll blow up a Tube train or bomb an aeroplane,” he added.
He further stressed that in the past 20 years, Asian gangs have capitalised on the fear.
“If we`re going to be thought of as extremists, why not use that fear? The reality is that Asian gangs don`t give much of toss about religion, but with Islam comes fear, and with fear comes power,” Amir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part II
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part III
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain