Islamic school teacher shot dead in Russia
Moscow: A teacher who worked for an Islamic school in the southwestern Russian region of Dagestan was found shot dead, investigators said.
Unknown assailants fired eight shots from a handgun at madrasah teacher Magomed Beyarslanov in Gyubden village in Karabudakhkent district, a spokesman for the regional investigative department said.
The teacher died of wounds at the site, he said.
An Islamist insurgency, once confined largely to Chechnya, has spread across the North Caucasus in recent years.
Attacks on security forces, police and civilians are reported regularly in the neighbouring regions of Dagestan, Ingushetia and Kabardino-Balkaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem