close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Croatian hostage beheaded by ISIS? PM Milanovic doesn't confirm, but fears worst

The Islamic State claims to have beheaded the Croatian hostage who was captured last month from Egypt's Cairo.


Croatian hostage beheaded by ISIS? PM Milanovic doesn't confirm, but fears worst
Courtesy: Twitter/@Rita_Katz

Cairo: The Islamic State claims to have beheaded the Croatian hostage who was captured last month from Egypt's Cairo.

The beheading claim come after the Egyptian government failed to abide by the ISIS deadline of 48 hours, given to free all Muslim female prisoners.

The ISIS made the claim on social media, posting the pictures of the hostage's body on ISIS-linked Twitter accounts, said the AFP.

However, the authenticity of the images has not yet been ascertained. 

Also, Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic refused to confirm the beheading, however he said he feared the worst.

Addressing the nation, the Croatian PM said, "At this moment we cannot confirm with 100-percent certainty that this is true and I don`t know if we will be able to confirm that in the coming days, but what we see does not look good, looks horrible," the AFP quoted him as saying.

The ISIS had captured a Croatian national named Tomislav Salopek on July 22 and last week it released a video, issuing a 48-hour-deadline to the Egyptian government threatening to kill the hostage if all Muslim female prisoners were not released from jails.

Terror tracker SITE Intel Group's head Rita Katz had tweeted a grab from the video which showed the Croatian man dressed in a faded yellow jumpsuit kneeling before a knife-weilding ISIS fighter in fatigues.

 

In the video entitled, “A Message to the Egyptian Government", the hostage read from a note, identifying himself as 30-year-old named Tomislav Salopek from Croatia, with a wife and two kids.

The Croatian, who worked as a topographer for a French Geoscience company Compagnie Generale de Geophysique, (GCC), was kidnapped by Sinai Province ISIS fighters on July 22 while heading to work in his company car.

“They want to substitute me with the Muslim womens arrested in Egyptian prisons... This matter have to be achieved before 48 hours from now, if not the soldiers of Wilyat Sina will kill me,' SITE quotes him as saying in the video.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video


WION FEATURES

A wearable sticker that can prevent sexual assault

Neymar set to move to Paris Saint Germain

Council in Pakistan orders Revenge Rape of a 16-Year-Old

Photographing the world from a plane

Indian female cops are out in full force to protect women

Delhi's Mini Afghanistan: Far from war, these Afghanis have found their home in India