London: In what contradicts the confessions of slain Israeli teenager Mohamed Said Ismail Musallam in the ISIS video, his family has said that he was recruited by the Islamic State and had nothing to do with Mossad, reports said.
Continuing its pattern of flaunting its gruesome acts, the ISIS released its latest video on Tuesday which showed a child shooting a 19-year-old Israeli man, who confessed to being a Mossad agent, moments before his murder.
SITE Intel Group;s head Rita Katz posted few stills from the video on Twitter.
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) March 10, 2015
Speaking to the CNN, the slain teenager's family said that his son was not a Mossad spy, instead he had been recruited by the Islamic State.
"Mohamed told me and his brother that ISIS took him... They sent him money through the Western Union. They said you will have girls, money, cars, villas, paradise, but afterwards he discovered that there is nothing," the slain teen's father Said Musallam told the CNN.
Musallam's father added that he tried his best to help his son return home by sending money, but he could not manage to.
Contrary to the family's statement, the slain teenager confessed in the video that he was a Mossad spy sent to infiltrate the ISIS.
The video posted by the ISIS shows Musallam sitting on his knees in orange jumpsuit with two ISIS fighters in fatigues – one an adult and another a child.
The adult man is then shown commanding the child in French after which the boy shoots the Israeli teen in the forehead with a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun.
The ISIS continues to release the videos of hostage executions as an act of propaganda on social media, despite Twitter blocking pro-ISIS accounts.
The ISIS in past had beheaded at least six Western hostages and released their beheading videos.
The most recent was the video last month by IS militants in Libya, showing the beheading of 21 Coptic Christians by the sea shore, turning waves red.