Islamist extremists attack ‘kissing protesters` in Turkey
London: Islamist extremists attacked a group of kissing protestors at a metro station who were protesting against a morality campaign by Ankara.
The protest was primarily against the Ankara municipality run by Turkey``s ruling Islamist-rooted Justice and Development Party (AKP), which admonished a young couple for kissing in public.
News.com reported that 200 people were staging the kissing protest against the officials when Islamists chanting ``Allah Akbar`` and carrying knives attacked the demonstrators and stabbed one person.
The country is predominantly Muslim but staunchly secular, though the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has introduced several measures like restriction on alcohol, opponents see it as Islamisation of the country, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH