Island dipute: China cancels events marking ties with Japan
Tokyo: China has cancelled events planned to celebrate 40 years of diplomatic relations with Japan amid an escalating territorial dispute between the two countries, the Japanese media reported Sunday.
The ceremony to mark the 40th anniversary of the normalisation of China-Japan relations was scheduled for Sep 27.
But the Chinese side has already informed Japan`s authorities of its cancellation, reported Jiji Press, referring to a source close to the event`s organisers.
The relations between the two countries have recently plummeted to their worst level in years over a chain of islands claimed by both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress