Island dipute: China cancels events marking ties with Japan
Tokyo: China has cancelled events planned to celebrate 40 years of diplomatic relations with Japan amid an escalating territorial dispute between the two countries, the Japanese media reported Sunday.
The ceremony to mark the 40th anniversary of the normalisation of China-Japan relations was scheduled for Sep 27.
But the Chinese side has already informed Japan`s authorities of its cancellation, reported Jiji Press, referring to a source close to the event`s organisers.
The relations between the two countries have recently plummeted to their worst level in years over a chain of islands claimed by both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!