Island dipute: China cancels events marking ties with Japan
Tokyo: China has cancelled events planned to celebrate 40 years of diplomatic relations with Japan amid an escalating territorial dispute between the two countries, the Japanese media reported Sunday.
The ceremony to mark the 40th anniversary of the normalisation of China-Japan relations was scheduled for Sep 27.
But the Chinese side has already informed Japan`s authorities of its cancellation, reported Jiji Press, referring to a source close to the event`s organisers.
The relations between the two countries have recently plummeted to their worst level in years over a chain of islands claimed by both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?