Island dipute: China cancels events marking ties with Japan
Tokyo: China has cancelled events planned to celebrate 40 years of diplomatic relations with Japan amid an escalating territorial dispute between the two countries, the Japanese media reported Sunday.
The ceremony to mark the 40th anniversary of the normalisation of China-Japan relations was scheduled for Sep 27.
But the Chinese side has already informed Japan`s authorities of its cancellation, reported Jiji Press, referring to a source close to the event`s organisers.
The relations between the two countries have recently plummeted to their worst level in years over a chain of islands claimed by both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional