Island row: Chinese throw noodles in Japanese man’s eyes!
Washington: A Japanese man had hot noodles thrown on his face while another had his eyeglasses snatched on a Shanghai street, as anti-Japanese sentiment surged in China due to the territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands.
Shanghai is home to 56,000 long-term Japanese residents, the largest Japanese community in China, the Japan Times reports.
According to diplomatic sources, the Japanese who got his face splattered with hot noodles required medical treatment for his eyes.
Sources said that the incident took place as several Japanese were walking together on a street in Shanghai and were attacked after some Chinese called them "Japanese" in English, the paper said.
There were also reports that Japanese nationals in Shanghai were kicked, berated, hit with plastic bottles and splashed with juice while riding a motorcycle, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional