Island row: Chinese throw noodles in Japanese man’s eyes!
Washington: A Japanese man had hot noodles thrown on his face while another had his eyeglasses snatched on a Shanghai street, as anti-Japanese sentiment surged in China due to the territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands.
Shanghai is home to 56,000 long-term Japanese residents, the largest Japanese community in China, the Japan Times reports.
According to diplomatic sources, the Japanese who got his face splattered with hot noodles required medical treatment for his eyes.
Sources said that the incident took place as several Japanese were walking together on a street in Shanghai and were attacked after some Chinese called them "Japanese" in English, the paper said.
There were also reports that Japanese nationals in Shanghai were kicked, berated, hit with plastic bottles and splashed with juice while riding a motorcycle, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt