Island row: Chinese throw noodles in Japanese man’s eyes!
Washington: A Japanese man had hot noodles thrown on his face while another had his eyeglasses snatched on a Shanghai street, as anti-Japanese sentiment surged in China due to the territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands.
Shanghai is home to 56,000 long-term Japanese residents, the largest Japanese community in China, the Japan Times reports.
According to diplomatic sources, the Japanese who got his face splattered with hot noodles required medical treatment for his eyes.
Sources said that the incident took place as several Japanese were walking together on a street in Shanghai and were attacked after some Chinese called them "Japanese" in English, the paper said.
There were also reports that Japanese nationals in Shanghai were kicked, berated, hit with plastic bottles and splashed with juice while riding a motorcycle, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog