Island row: Chinese throw noodles in Japanese man’s eyes!
Washington: A Japanese man had hot noodles thrown on his face while another had his eyeglasses snatched on a Shanghai street, as anti-Japanese sentiment surged in China due to the territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands.
Shanghai is home to 56,000 long-term Japanese residents, the largest Japanese community in China, the Japan Times reports.
According to diplomatic sources, the Japanese who got his face splattered with hot noodles required medical treatment for his eyes.
Sources said that the incident took place as several Japanese were walking together on a street in Shanghai and were attacked after some Chinese called them "Japanese" in English, the paper said.
There were also reports that Japanese nationals in Shanghai were kicked, berated, hit with plastic bottles and splashed with juice while riding a motorcycle, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal