Island row: Chinese throw noodles in Japanese man’s eyes!
Washington: A Japanese man had hot noodles thrown on his face while another had his eyeglasses snatched on a Shanghai street, as anti-Japanese sentiment surged in China due to the territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands.
Shanghai is home to 56,000 long-term Japanese residents, the largest Japanese community in China, the Japan Times reports.
According to diplomatic sources, the Japanese who got his face splattered with hot noodles required medical treatment for his eyes.
Sources said that the incident took place as several Japanese were walking together on a street in Shanghai and were attacked after some Chinese called them "Japanese" in English, the paper said.
There were also reports that Japanese nationals in Shanghai were kicked, berated, hit with plastic bottles and splashed with juice while riding a motorcycle, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!