Israel accuses IAEA, ElBaradei of "hiding data" on Iran nukes
Jerusalem: Israel and western diplomats
have accused outgoing IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei and other
top officials of the UN`s nuclear watchdog of "hiding
classified data" that indicated Iran was pursuing a military
nuclear programme, a media report claimed on Wednesday.
"The world`s nuclear weapons watchdog is hiding data
on Iran`s drive to obtain nuclear arms," Haaretz said quoting
senior Western diplomats and Israeli officials.
International Atomic Energy Agency under Mohamed
ElBaradei was refraining from publishing evidence obtained by
its inspectors that indicate Iran was pursuing information
about weaponisation efforts and a military nuclear programme.
ElBaradei, who will soon vacate his post, has said
that the agency does not have any evidence that suggests Iran
is developing a nuclear weapon, Haaretz said.
American, French, British and German senior officials
have recently pressured ElBaradei to publish the information
next month in a report due to be released at the
organisation`s general conference.
"We expect the details to appear in the new report and
to be made public," a senior Western diplomat told Haaretz.
But the sources told Haaretz that the new evidence was
submitted to the IAEA in a "classified" annex written by its
inspectors in the Islamic Republic. The report was said to
have been signed by the head of the IAEA team in Iran.
The classified report, according to the sources, was
not incorporated into the agency`s published reports. The
details, they said, were censored by senior officials of the
IAEA in the organization`s Vienna headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway