Israel accuses Palestinian of spying for Hezbollah
Jerusalem: Israel`s Shin Bet internal security agency says a Palestinian man has been charged with relaying information to Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon about sensitive government sites, including Parliament.
It identified the suspect as Azzam Mashahara, a resident of east Jerusalem, which Israel captured in 1967.
Palestinian residents of east Jerusalem, unlike Palestinians from the West Bank or Gaza Strip, have Israeli identity cards that allow them to travel freely within Israel.
The agency said the indictment was handed down today, a day after Mashahara was arrested.
All of the sites identified in the Shin Bet agency statement appear on Google Earth.
Mashahara was charged with maintaining contacts with a foreign agent and relaying information to the enemy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly