Israel accuses Palestinian of spying for Hezbollah
Jerusalem: Israel`s Shin Bet internal security agency says a Palestinian man has been charged with relaying information to Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon about sensitive government sites, including Parliament.
It identified the suspect as Azzam Mashahara, a resident of east Jerusalem, which Israel captured in 1967.
Palestinian residents of east Jerusalem, unlike Palestinians from the West Bank or Gaza Strip, have Israeli identity cards that allow them to travel freely within Israel.
The agency said the indictment was handed down today, a day after Mashahara was arrested.
All of the sites identified in the Shin Bet agency statement appear on Google Earth.
Mashahara was charged with maintaining contacts with a foreign agent and relaying information to the enemy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog