Israel air strike targets Gaza militants
Gaza City: An Israeli air strike targeted Palestinian militants in the Gaza
Strip early on Saturday, sources on both sides said.
A security source from the Islamist Hamas movement which
controls the territory said that the warplanes struck in the
south of the enclave, close to the border with Israel.
The raid targeted militants from the Popular Resistance
Committees who were laying explosives near the border,
witnesses from the hardline faction said.
The witnesses said there were no casualties among the
militants but the Israeli military said that it had confirmed
"A short while ago, Israeli Army aircraft targeted a
terrorist squad in the southern Gaza Strip," a statement said.
"The squad fired rockets seconds before being targeted. A
hit was confirmed."
After a three-week lull at the turn of the year, there has
been an increase in the number of incidents on the Israel-Gaza
border in recent days.
Last night, Gaza militants fired a rocket into
southern Israel without causing any casualties or damage.
On Thursday, a military spokesman said that Israeli forces
arrested three Palestinians overnight as they tried to enter
Israel from the southern Gaza Strip.
A Palestinian security source said just two men had been
held, and said they were captured inside Gaza by Israeli
Also on Thursday, the Army said two rockets fired from
Gaza hit the southern Eshkol and Shaar Hanegev regions,
without causing casualties or damage.
Since the beginning of the year, the army says it has
counted seven rockets fired into southern Israel.
On Wednesday, an Israeli air raid on northern Gaza killed
two Palestinians and wounded a third.
The military said the raid targeted a group of men who
were laying explosives along the border, but Palestinian
officials said they were setting traps for birds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state