Israel arrests 2 Muslim clerics on terror charges
Jerusalem: Israeli police say they have
arrested two Muslim clerics on unspecified "terror-related"
Spokesman Micky Rosenfeld today said that the two were
being held on suspicion of supporting unidentified "terror
Rosenfeld wouldn`t elaborate because there is a
partial gag order on the case. But Israeli media reported that
the clerics were trying to encourage worshipers at the main
mosque in the northern Israeli city of Nazareth to join
Several Arab citizens of Israel have been arrested
this year and accused of spying for anti-Israeli militant
groups, including the Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah.
Some have been released on lesser charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital