Israel arrests 2 Palestinians in deadly stabbing
Jerusalem: Israel says it has arrested two Palestinian men suspected of a deadly stabbing attack that killed five members of a West Bank settler family last month.
Israel`s Shin Bet security services said on Sunday the Palestinian men carried out the attack in the Itamar settlement, deep inside the West Bank.
The March 11 assault killed two adults and three of their children, including a 4-year-old boy and his 3-month-old sister, while they were sleeping. Grisly scenes from the attack, along with the ages of the victims, shocked Israelis.
Authorities say the two suspects, teenagers from the neighboring Palestinian village of Awarta, confessed to the killings. Five accomplices have been arrested as well.
Israel has been conducting mass arrest raids in Awarta since the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey