Israel arrests three Palestinians swimming off Gaza
Gaza: The Israeli Navy has arrested three Palestinians swimming in the Mediterranean sea off Gaza City Saturday, according to Palestinian sources and Israeli media.
Three people, the Palestinian security sources, were detained "abruptly" by naval forces, and there were no immediate information about their identities, Xinhua reported Saturday.
Meanwhile, Israel Radio reported naval police on a vessel patrolling near Gaza spotted "three suspects" swimming in access-restricted waters.
In May, Israel restored Gaza fishing zone to 6 nautical miles off the coast, while the Palestinians demanded it to abide by the 1993 Oslo peace accords which set the Gaza fishing zone up to 20 nautical miles off the coast.
When the second Palestinian uprising erupted in 2000, Israel began applying gradual reduction on the fishing zone for Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing