Israel arrests three Palestinians swimming off Gaza
Gaza: The Israeli Navy has arrested three Palestinians swimming in the Mediterranean sea off Gaza City Saturday, according to Palestinian sources and Israeli media.
Three people, the Palestinian security sources, were detained "abruptly" by naval forces, and there were no immediate information about their identities, Xinhua reported Saturday.
Meanwhile, Israel Radio reported naval police on a vessel patrolling near Gaza spotted "three suspects" swimming in access-restricted waters.
In May, Israel restored Gaza fishing zone to 6 nautical miles off the coast, while the Palestinians demanded it to abide by the 1993 Oslo peace accords which set the Gaza fishing zone up to 20 nautical miles off the coast.
When the second Palestinian uprising erupted in 2000, Israel began applying gradual reduction on the fishing zone for Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday