Israel bombs tunnel in Gaza Strip
Tel Aviv: Israeli military jets bombed a smuggling tunnel between the Gaza Strip and Egypt early Monday morning, the Jerusalem Post reported.
The attack came in response to an attack by Palestinian militants, military officials told the newspaper. No casualties had been reported in the attack.
On Sunday, militants fired mortars into Israel as sick Palestinians were being transported into Israel for treatment, a Palestinian official told Haaretz newspaper. Two Palestinian militant groups shot 12 mortars near the Eres border crossing. Six of the mortars exploded as the medical transport was underway.
Israeli forces frequently target tunnels that used by militants to smuggle weapons or other materials into the Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan
- Bangladesh PM Hasina accuses BNP of being behind 2014 grenade attack
- Trains delayed after wire snaps on Delhi-Saharanpur route
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre launched in India at starting price of Rs 3.82 lakh