Israel bombs tunnel in Gaza Strip
Tel Aviv: Israeli military jets bombed a smuggling tunnel between the Gaza Strip and Egypt early Monday morning, the Jerusalem Post reported.
The attack came in response to an attack by Palestinian militants, military officials told the newspaper. No casualties had been reported in the attack.
On Sunday, militants fired mortars into Israel as sick Palestinians were being transported into Israel for treatment, a Palestinian official told Haaretz newspaper. Two Palestinian militant groups shot 12 mortars near the Eres border crossing. Six of the mortars exploded as the medical transport was underway.
Israeli forces frequently target tunnels that used by militants to smuggle weapons or other materials into the Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding