Israel bombs tunnel in Gaza Strip
Tel Aviv: Israeli military jets bombed a smuggling tunnel between the Gaza Strip and Egypt early Monday morning, the Jerusalem Post reported.
The attack came in response to an attack by Palestinian militants, military officials told the newspaper. No casualties had been reported in the attack.
On Sunday, militants fired mortars into Israel as sick Palestinians were being transported into Israel for treatment, a Palestinian official told Haaretz newspaper. Two Palestinian militant groups shot 12 mortars near the Eres border crossing. Six of the mortars exploded as the medical transport was underway.
Israeli forces frequently target tunnels that used by militants to smuggle weapons or other materials into the Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez