Israel bombs tunnel in Gaza Strip
Tel Aviv: Israeli military jets bombed a smuggling tunnel between the Gaza Strip and Egypt early Monday morning, the Jerusalem Post reported.
The attack came in response to an attack by Palestinian militants, military officials told the newspaper. No casualties had been reported in the attack.
On Sunday, militants fired mortars into Israel as sick Palestinians were being transported into Israel for treatment, a Palestinian official told Haaretz newspaper. Two Palestinian militant groups shot 12 mortars near the Eres border crossing. Six of the mortars exploded as the medical transport was underway.
Israeli forces frequently target tunnels that used by militants to smuggle weapons or other materials into the Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened