Israel clears out embassy staff in Jordan: Reports
Jerusalem: Israeli newspapers and radio
stations say that almost all staff have been cleared out of
the Israeli embassy in Jordan ahead of an anti-Israel protest
The reports say there are fears the embassy in the
Jordanian capital could be assaulted like the embassy in Egypt
Activists in Jordan have called for a "million-man march"
against the Israeli mission in Amman today.
The Israeli Foreign Ministry wouldn`t comment, other than
to say that embassy personnel generally leave Jordan on
Thursdays ahead of the Muslim weekend. It says a duty
representative remains on call.
Last weekend, protesters stormed Israel`s embassy in Cairo
in a 13-hour rampage that prompted the evacuation of nearly
all Israeli diplomats from Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...