Israel closes Gaza border crossing after rocket fire: Army
Jerusalem: Israel`s Army closed a goods crossing into the Gaza Strip on Monday, a day after a rocket was fired from the besieged enclave, a spokeswoman said.
The rocket crashed into southern Israel on Sunday, as US Secretary of State John Kerry arrived for talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders.
"The Kerem Shalom crossing is closed until further notice, except for humanitarian purposes, after the firing of the rocket," the Army spokeswoman told a news agency.
Sunday`s rocket landed in an uninhabited sector of the Negev desert.
Early Monday, there had been no claims for the attack.
Hardline Salafist militants in Gaza claimed similar rocket attacks last week, which were met with Israeli air strikes that caused no damage or casualties.
Rockets were fired at Israel during a visit to the region by US President Barack Obama in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre