Israel closes Gaza border crossing after rocket fire: Army
Jerusalem: Israel`s Army closed a goods crossing into the Gaza Strip on Monday, a day after a rocket was fired from the besieged enclave, a spokeswoman said.
The rocket crashed into southern Israel on Sunday, as US Secretary of State John Kerry arrived for talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders.
"The Kerem Shalom crossing is closed until further notice, except for humanitarian purposes, after the firing of the rocket," the Army spokeswoman told a news agency.
Sunday`s rocket landed in an uninhabited sector of the Negev desert.
Early Monday, there had been no claims for the attack.
Hardline Salafist militants in Gaza claimed similar rocket attacks last week, which were met with Israeli air strikes that caused no damage or casualties.
Rockets were fired at Israel during a visit to the region by US President Barack Obama in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie