Israel closes Gaza border crossing after rocket fire: Army
Jerusalem: Israel`s Army closed a goods crossing into the Gaza Strip on Monday, a day after a rocket was fired from the besieged enclave, a spokeswoman said.
The rocket crashed into southern Israel on Sunday, as US Secretary of State John Kerry arrived for talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders.
"The Kerem Shalom crossing is closed until further notice, except for humanitarian purposes, after the firing of the rocket," the Army spokeswoman told a news agency.
Sunday`s rocket landed in an uninhabited sector of the Negev desert.
Early Monday, there had been no claims for the attack.
Hardline Salafist militants in Gaza claimed similar rocket attacks last week, which were met with Israeli air strikes that caused no damage or casualties.
Rockets were fired at Israel during a visit to the region by US President Barack Obama in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman