Israel completes border fence with Egypt
Tel Aviv: Israel has completed the construction of a 230-km security fence along the Egyptian border, an official said.
The fence is equipped with modern security systems and is designed to prevent Islamic militants, drug dealers, African migrants and asylum seekers from entering Israel from Egypt.
The construction took two years and cost approximately USD 420 million.
"This is a great achievement. You did the impossible. I would like to convey to you the gratitude of all Israelis," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday.
"For seven months, not one infiltrator has reached Israel`s cities," Netanyahu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post