Israel completes border fence with Egypt
Tel Aviv: Israel has completed the construction of a 230-km security fence along the Egyptian border, an official said.
The fence is equipped with modern security systems and is designed to prevent Islamic militants, drug dealers, African migrants and asylum seekers from entering Israel from Egypt.
The construction took two years and cost approximately USD 420 million.
"This is a great achievement. You did the impossible. I would like to convey to you the gratitude of all Israelis," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday.
"For seven months, not one infiltrator has reached Israel`s cities," Netanyahu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country