Israel condemns UN settlement probe
Jerusalem: Israel`s Prime Minister has rejected a vote by a UN body to send a team to investigate Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
Benjamin Netanyahu issued his statement on Thursday after the UN Human Rights Council voted for the inquiry.
"This is a hypocritical council with an automatic majority against Israel," Netanyahu said. "This council ought to be ashamed of itself. Until today, the council has made 91 decisions, 39 of which dealt with Israel, three with Syria and one with Iran," he said.
On Thursday, the council approved four other resolutions critical of Israel.
Some 300,000 Israelis live in settlements in the West Bank, an area Palestinians claim as part of a state. Israel says the issue must be resolved in peace talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?